The Cloud brings with it a vast number of business benefits – and with Microsoft Cloud, security is part of the package. But a surprising number of businesses have not enabled all the security features available to them, meaning their data and systems are at risk.
Did you know
- There was a 12% increase in cyber attacks on businesses in 2021.
- One in five business owners say a cyber attack could render them insolvent.
- The cost of dealing with cyber attacks has risen by almost a third in the past year.
(Hiscox Cyber Readiness Report, 2022)
Do you have a Microsoft 365 Business Premium licence and still use 3rd Party Anti-Virus Software? Then you can improve your IT security and save money today!
Microsoft 365 Business Premium Licenses levelled up, and at no extra cost. Microsoft added its Defender for Business anti-virus solution to the Microsoft 365 Business Premium license earlier this year. This means you can get rid of 3rd party anti-virus solutions such as Sophos or McAfee and make the most of the services you already have.
Defender brings together machine learning, big-data analysis, in-depth threat resistance research, and Microsoft cloud infrastructure to protect devices (or endpoints) in your organization and is available to businesses with up to 300 employees.
Defender for Business includes:
- threat and vulnerability management
- attack surface (vulnerability) reduction
- next-generation protection
- endpoint detection and response
- automated investigation and remediation capabilities.
How much does it cost?
Defender for business is FREE for Microsoft 365 Business Premium customers. If this is you, then talk to us about how we can help set Defender up for your business and retire 3rd party anti-virus solutions such as Sophos and McAfee, bringing you more cost savings.
Features in detail:
Threat and vulnerability management – Helping you prioritize and focus on the weaknesses that pose the most urgent and the highest risks to your business. By finding, prioritizing, and fixing software vulnerabilities and misconfigurations you can build a secure foundation for your environment.
Attack surface reduction – Reduces your attack surface (places that your company is vulnerable to a cyberattack) across your devices and applications using capabilities such as ransomware mitigation, application control, web protection, network protection, network firewall, and attack surface reduction rules.
Next-generation protection – Helps to prevent and protect against threats at your front door with antimalware and antivirus protection—on your devices and in the cloud.
Endpoint detection and response (EDR) – Get behavioural-based detection and response alerts allowing you to identify persistent threats and remove them from your environment. Manual response actions within Defender for Business will allow you to act on processes and files, while live response will put you in direct control of a device to help ensure it is fixed, secured, and ready to go.
Automated investigation and remediation – Helping to scale your security operations by examining alerts and taking immediate action to resolve attacks for you. By reducing alert volume and remediating threats, Defender for Business allows you to prioritize tasks and focus on more sophisticated threats.
APIs and integration – Automate workflows and integrate security data into your existing security platforms and reporting tools. For example, you can pull detections from Defender for Business into your security information and event management tool.
Want to know more? Talk to one of our security consultants. In addition to Microsoft Defender support, we can also offer:
- A free two-week trial of the USecure cyber training platform. Your team is the first line of defence against cyber threats – make sure they are prepared.
- A free phishing simulation using uPhish. We can also run a check to identify if your company’s email addresses have been the target of hacks in the past.
- Support with certifications. We can support your business in achieving the UK government-backed Cyber Essentials Getting certified protects your business against 98.5% of known cyber threats and demonstrates your security credentials to regulators, clients and prospects.
- Find out your Microsoft Secure Score. Is your business doing enough? Learn more about our security offerings here, and book a call with one of our security consultants to discuss how to mitigate the risk and potential impact of a cyber attack on your business.